Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

‘I need to catch my breath’: Drag Race UK winner Krystal Versace announces hiatus

Krystal Versace has announced a “little break” from drag to concentrate on her mental health.

On Wednesday (23 October), the RuPaul’s Drag Race UK winner was “transparent” with her fans on her Instagram Story, where she explained that the past year has been “intense for me in many ways and I’ve experienced a lot of burnouts”.

“Society doesn’t encourage you about looking after your mental health in fact it encourages the opposite, especially in my industry,” Krystal wrote.

“So without getting into too much detail atm I want to be open about Krystal’s presence as l’m choosing to work on Luke’s.”

The star continued to explain that she wants to love her industry again, “so all you beautiful people can love it with me”.

“I’m constantly amazed buy the love I receive from you all and from all the new people that come across my art and I’m forever grateful to have people that love what I present as much as I love creating it,” she added.

“I will be back in good time when I feel l’m ready to put energy back into Krystal but as of now I just need a little moment to catch my breath. Love you all.”

Krystal memorably conquered the third season of Drag Race UK, where she made herstory as the youngest winner in the Emmy Award-winning franchise and the first champion to be born in the 21st century.

Following her win, she starred in her own BBC series Keeping Up With Krystal Versace and launched a podcast with season five alum DeDeLicious and London drag icon La Belle. 

Krystal has also become a notable TikTok creator, where she has gone viral on various occasions for her transformations and makeup tips.

Check out Krystal Versace’s full statement on her drag hiatus below.

The post ‘I need to catch my breath’: Drag Race UK winner Krystal Versace announces hiatus appeared first on GAY TIMES.


Post a Comment

0 Comments