Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dolly Parton shows support for Britney Spears in new interview

Music icon Dolly Parton has opened up about Britney Spears and her conservatorship in a new interview.

During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live, the legendary songstress gave her thoughts on the situation.

“Well, I try not to get involved in other people’s business. I think she is a wonderful artist and I think she’s a wonderful girl. And I only wish her the best,” she said.

“I understand all those crazy things. I went through a lot of that myself in my early days… trying to get out on my own.”

Parton went on to refer to her grueling six-year battle with former collaborator Porter Wagoner.

At the start of her career the singer-songwriter was in a music partnership with Wagoner.

When Dolly expressed a desire to pursue a solo career, Wagoner ended up suing the 9 to 5 singer for $3 million for breach of contract.

Parton concluded her answer with kind words of encouragement for the pop star stating: “So I understand where she’s coming from and how she feels. I hope that all turns out the way that it should.”

Over the last few months, Spears has been embroiled in a public battle to end her controversial conservatorship

Last month, proved to be a monumental time for the singer when Judge Brenda Penny granted her the right to hire her own lawyer.

The post Dolly Parton shows support for Britney Spears in new interview appeared first on GAY TIMES.


Post a Comment

0 Comments