Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

‘It’s becoming dangerous’: Kween Kong issues statement on Drag Race Global All Stars controversy

Kween Kong has issued a lengthy statement following the controversial events of last week’s Drag Race Global All Stars.

For their eighth maxi-challenge, the six remaining competitors – Kween, Alyssa Edwards, Kitty Scott-Claus, Nehellenia, Tessa Testicle and Vanity Vain – were tasked with transforming the eliminated queens into members of their drag family.

The pairings were as follows: Alyssa and Eva Le Queen, Kitty and Miranda Lebrão, Kween and Soa de Muse, Nehellenia and Pythia, Tessa and Athena Likis, and Vanity and Gala Varo.

Following their critiques on the runway, where Alyssa, Kween and Nehellenia emerged as the tops and Kitty, Tessa and Vanity as the bottoms, all 12 Global All Stars retreated to Untucked, where Kween shared her unfiltered thoughts on Nehellenia’s makeover.

“All of these girls are sitting there being, ‘Lovely, girl, this is so cute.’ You can feel how fake this shit is,” she said in her confessional. “I’m about to explode because this is too much bullshit.”

Kween went on to tell Nehellenia that she should’ve “blended the beard or maybe just shaped the jawline a little bit” with her Pythia makeover.

The Down Under star added: “But I don’t see the family resemblance, just being completely honest. I literally thought you guys were going to be in the bottom. I don’t mean to be a bitch but I was just like, ‘Am I looking at the same thing?’

“I’m just saying, family resemblance, it could be a sister, it could be a brother. That’s just my opinion.”

Kween was met with backlash for her comments following the episode, while Nehellenia referred to the Untucked exchange as “bullying” in an Instagram Live. The Italia star also claimed that there was a heated argument between Kween and Alyssa that didn’t make the edit.

In a statement posted to Instagram, Kween said that she needed to address what the Drag Race Italia star is “saying happened off camera”.

“This is now impacting my reputation and the way I support and provide for my family. Please stop with the exaggerated stories. A fight that almost got physical outside the studio that producers intervened in off camera? This is ridiculous!” said Kween.

“Alyssa is my sister and like true queens we have an understanding of each other based on where we come from and what we are about! We know how to address each other and deal with OUR business with love and respect which is why we have the relationship like we do to this day!”

Kween clarified that her discussion with Alyssa occurred in the werkroom “while still on camera and fully mic’d”, before explaining why her actions towards Nehellenia in Untucked were “so harsh”.

“When Athena said that me and Soa have the best family resemblance you know exactly what you said to Soa that upset her and the reason that I came for you,” said Kween, who claims that Nehellenia asked Soa about RuPaul’s remarks on the runway, in which he said that, as a member of Kween’s drag family, she has “finally emerged as the superstar that you are”.

“That upset Soa to the point she didn’t say anything, this is why I came in so hot. My delivery might have been harsh and what I said was mean but l would never come at someone unwarranted. I’ve never been that girl!” continued Kween.

“You and I both know – after the situation I apologised profusely for taking your shade, going below the belt and tarnishing your moment.

“Throwing around the word bully, accusing me of these horrible things off camera and admitting you said to production to remove me from the competition because of what you speculate happened is so malicious and underhanded.”

Kween described Nehellenia’s comments as “reckless and borderline defamation”: “It’s becoming so dangerous not only for me but now for the children I raise in my family that are now being threatened by your fans. I don’t deserve this over a tv show we made together a year ago! I’m done with this.”

You can check out Kween Kong’s statement in full below.

Nehellenia ultimately won the makeover, earning her first win of Global All Stars in the process.

Kitty and Vanity faced the lip-sync smackdown, where the latter was told to sashay away.

On next week’s episode, the top five will create a “queertastic tourism spot”.

The post ‘It’s becoming dangerous’: Kween Kong issues statement on Drag Race Global All Stars controversy appeared first on GAY TIMES.


Post a Comment

0 Comments