Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Drag Race Global All Stars: Eliminated queen addresses shock exit

This week’s eliminated queen from Drag Race Global All Stars has broken her silence.

Spoilers ahead.

For the show’s eighth episode, Ru asked the queens to bring their best jokes to the mainstage for the staple roast challenge.

“At this point of the competition, you could probably all use a little pick-me-up. For this week’s maxi-challenge, it’s nation versus nation as you star in a rich international roast,” Ru revealed.

“Now, later today, you’ll be treated to a master class in roasting by a surprise guest.”

While a handful of the queens were excited about the challenge, Pythia struggled during the creative process, revealing to Kitty Scott-Claus that she was “a little nervous.”

“Stand-up comedy and roasts kind of don’t make sense in my head,” she explained.

Pythia gave further insight into her feelings in a confessional: “I did a roast in my season, and it went horribly, and I was in the bottom, so I’m not very excited for this challenge.”

Unfortunately, her second attempt at a Drag Race roast did not go in her favour, with the Canada’s Drag Race star struggling to make Ru and the judges laugh.

While she was praised for her dazzling and intricate “Blow Me Away” runway ensemble, Pythia was placed in the bottom and later sent home after an electric lip sync against Vanity Vain.

Since the episode’s release, fans have expressed disappointment over Pythia’s elimination, with many saying the Greek talent was robbed.

Amid the fan outcry, Pythia took to Instagram to share new photos of her ‘Blow Me Away’ look and reflect on her time in the competition.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by 🔮PYTHIA🔮 (@pythia.queen)

“Y’all, I am just so proud of everything I did on the show up until this point. I really have no regrets. And that I at least went out with a bang, looking like THIS!” she wrote.

“Now listen, roasts, stand up, reads… it’s not what I do! I don’t like the cattiness, rudeness and insults, it’s just not my thing and I proudly do not claim it as such! Drag, to me, is so much more than just to be reduced to roasts and reads. Drag is radical and powerful, it’s referential, it’s ancestral. It’s political and rooted in rebellious artistry. It’s storytelling, and it commands the attention of everyone around you. It’s educational and trailblazing.

“I had an amazing run, and I am so proud of every thing I showcased on the show and wouldn’t change it one bit and for anyone! I will always stay true to myself and my beliefs till the day I draw my last breath! And I’m so happy you all got to love me and accept me for exactly as I am!”

It didn’t take long for fans to swarm Pythia’s comment section with supportive comments.

One viewer wrote: “U are amazing. Robbery on the highest level.”

Another fan echoed similar sentiments, writing: “Absolutely robbed! Canada is so proud of you! You aaaate.

Pythia also received support from a handful of her Drag Race sisters, like Icesis Couture, who commented: “Another amazing run! You should be so very proud.”

Her Global All Stars sister Miranda Lebrão added: “Ohh babyyy! You are such a powerful artist! We adore you! Thanks for being so dedicated to our art form. BRAZIL loves you.”

On next week’s episode, the remaining contestants will transform the eliminated queens into members of their Drag Race family.

The post Drag Race Global All Stars: Eliminated queen addresses shock exit appeared first on GAY TIMES.


Post a Comment

0 Comments