Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

“We’re going to be old men together:” Supernatural stars DJ Qualls and Ty Olsson are engaged

Cue the wedding bells, Supernatural fans! DJ Qualls and Ty Olsson are engaged.

On 15 May, fans were thrown for an exciting loop when Qualls revealed the news on his Locked and Probably Loaded podcast with Kelly Blackheart. 

“Ty and I became inseparable at the very beginning, just immediately. And over the last 10 years, our relationship has evolved to what it is today, and now we’re getting married,” he exclaimed.

While Olsson and Qualls didn’t share any screen time on Supernatural, they both guest starred across multiple episodes as the vampire Benny Lafitte and werewolf Garth Fitzgerald, respectively. 

In addition to announcing their upcoming nuptials, Qualls spilled all the details about their adorable meet-cute at a Supernatural convention, which sparked their initial friendship.

“We didn’t know each other at all – we maybe said three words together at the Supernatural convention, and then we went to London for four or five days afterwards,” he explained. 

“And then I was going to Turkey with a friend, and [Olsson] is such a pure awesome guy, he came up to us – we all went out as a group – and he was like, Can I come on your trip with you?'” 

Qualls went on to describe Olsson’s move as “ballsy” before stating he would never have done that if the roles were reversed. 

“I’d be afraid they would begrudgingly tell me yes and then not want me there,” he added.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by DJ & Kelly (@loadedpod)

“But it was just so pure and awesome, and that’s who he is. I didn’t know him. And it was the beginning of our friendship.” 

Towards the end of his statement, Qualls lauded his soon-to-be husband for giving him unconditional love. 

“It’s just so crazy that this person who was just my friend now I think about all the time and sends the best messages, and he supports me and loves me unconditionally in the right ways,” he said. 

“Ty was the first person in my entire life, my entire life, that I ever had that with. I say just a friend. [He is] the best friend I ever had, and now we’re going to be old men together, which is so crazy.” 

Shortly after the episode was released, Supernatural fans flocked to social media to send the two actors congratulatory messages. 

One person on X, formerly known as Twitter, wrote: “I cannot adequately articulate how happy this makes me. Two amazing humans, a love story for the ages, another example of SPN magic. You are both amazing and lucky people to have each other!”

Another fan tweeted: “Ty Olsson and DJ Qualls engaged to be married is exactly the most deliciously wonderful gay drama that Supernatural was made for.” 

Olsson and Qualls also received support from their Supernatural co-star, Misha Collins, who wrote: “A vampire and a werewolf/hunter walk into a bar… Ty, DJ! Holy shit! Congratulations, boys!” 

In response to all the love, Olsson thanked fans with a heartfelt message via his X profile. 

“Thank you, everyone, for all the love, support, and kindness today. I’m sending you all some love and hugs,” he wrote.   

Congratulations are in order for Ty Olsson and DJ Qualls

The post “We’re going to be old men together:” Supernatural stars DJ Qualls and Ty Olsson are engaged appeared first on GAY TIMES.


Post a Comment

0 Comments